Coconut palm – Cocos nucifera, the Armenian name is nutmeg. Cultivated in the tropics of the planet, the homeland is the coastal regions of Polynesia. Coconut oil is made from coconut kernels. Inside the fetal nucleus is a sweet, cold liquid, some of which hardens during the ripening period.
Coconut oil helps improve digestion, regulates the body’s fat balance. Coconut oil breaks down fats faster, so it can be used to lose weight. Boosts immunity, nourishes cells with beneficial microelements, has antioxidant effect, helps prevent cancer, strengthens metabolism, helps to overcome the problems of the gastrointestinal tract. Prevents the appearance of bumps։ protects from the sun. In addition, it protects against insect bites. Coconut oil with regular use increases the skin’s resistance to cold. Has a good effect on hair scalp.
- Coconut oil lowers cholesterol. Coconut oil is rich in saturated fats, which have the ability to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It is rich in medium-length fatty acids, lauric acid և capric acid, which have the potential to lower cholesterol.
- Coconut oil helps to get rid of excess weight. Medium-chain triglycerides in coconut oil, unlike other types of fats, can lead to much higher rates of energy consumption. Medium-chain triglycerides are digested at a rate comparable to sugar in the body and, therefore, can not stimulate the accumulation of excess fat cells.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin. Due to the composition of vitamin E: antioxidant activity, coconut oil can also be used to moisturize the skin. It is not only hydrates, but also can neutralize a skin bacterium known as Staphylococcus aureus.
- Coconut oil improves brain function. Medium-chain triglycerides, like glucose, are an “alternative fuel source” for the brain and nervous system.
- Coconut oil neutralizes bacteria, viruses and fungi reproduction. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which has antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. The antimicrobial properties of coconut oil can be helpful in combating acne, eczema, psoriasis and staph infections. In addition, coconut oil promotes digestion due to other nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional value per 100 g
|0 g||0 g||0 g||44.6 g||
Energy value – 862 kcal